Key Voices #137 - Engaging all parents in their children’s learning with Tom Harbour from Learning with Parents
Dec 2nd, 2021 by The Key
This week we talk to Tom Harbour, CEO of Learning with Parents about how schools can make engaging parents in their children’s learning inclusive. Tom tells us why he was motivated to set up an organisation focussed on parental engagement. Tom shares what he has learned about how to break down all possible barriers and help every parent access ways to support their children at school.
We talk about:
- Why Tom set up Learning with Parents and how it has developed
- The various different strands to Learning with Parents’ work
- What Tom and his team have learnt about effective pupil engagement, with a particular focus on how to make activities fully inclusive
- Tom’s reflections on how schools and parents can best work together to support learning
- What Tom thinks the impact of partial school closures has been on parental engagement
You can learn more about Learning with Parents here.
*You can read the original report from The Joseph Rowntree Foundation that Tom quotes here.